Sunday, November 7, 2010

Happy 1 Month

Well, we have made it to the 1 month mark. It has been a crazy, but fun and amazing month since October 7 at 2:08am. He is 11+ lbs and 22+ inches long. He is in the 90th percentile on the growth charts. He nurses like a champ! His calendar consists of eating, sleeping, pooping, visual tracking, the occasional rollover, crying, smiling and trips to Manhattan. He is a great little guy to have around!

I have learned a lot in 1 month. He has trained me pretty well in the art of mothering. Here are some of the lessons that he has schooled me in:

1. I can change a flat, prefold, fitted, and AI2 cloth diaper in the dark, in the floor, with my eyes closed, in the bathroom at Nordstrom's, on a shag rug, and in the car.
2. I can manage to make a full load of laundry in just 1 day.
3. I can breastfeed and sleep through it.
4. Co sleeping is a new change to our habits, but it is great.
5. Babywearing keeps me so much warmer in NYC than I had ever expected.
6. Sleep deprivation has no limits.
7. Every time I go anywhere, I now have to pack what seems to be a full blown suitcase for just a couple of hours. I have learned to pre-plan and pre-pack the night before (especially for early morning adventures).
8. I can cook, breastfeed, and put dishes away all at the same time.
9. A bouncy seat is worth a million dollars in housework!
10. No need to go to the gym when I have an 11 lb moving weight that likes constant motion.
11. Milk let down occurs at the most unfortunate times.


These are just a few of the things that I have learned. Like I said, I have been trained fairly well in this past month. We are starting to groove pretty well. APing is getting much easier. I have a great AP parents group that meets once a month. They are a great group of moms with a wealth of knowledge (especially knowledge of the NYC area). The greatest thing of all, though, is having Don come home after working all day and offer to wear Jaxon around the apt building so I can get a short break. The break of course is much needed and very helpful, but having him offer and seeing him wear Jaxon is the best!!

After all of that, my little man is beckoning me...so Happy 1 month Birthday, Jaxon...we love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment